Customer register’s privacy statement
WebXplore (from here on referred to as (“WebXplore”, “we” or “us”), the company responsible for management of the website zimplelearn.com and its associated blog (collectively referred to as the “Site”) is devoted to protection the privacy of all the users visiting the Site (“you” or “Customer”). The Site is created only for being used in professional purposes.
By using the Site, and in particular by submitting your company or personal details on registration, or completing a contact form, you explicitly agree to this Privacy statement and offer full agreement to the collection, processing and storage of your personal information by WebXplore, and to this personal information being disclosed to or used by specific third parties, in accordance with the terms described in this policy.
According to the General Data Protection Regulation, the personal data controller of a register is obligated to inform the register’s data subjects in a clear manner. This statement fulfils this informing obligation.
1. Personal data controller
Number: +358 40 7621535
Address: Neitsytpolku 3 B27, 00140, Helsinki, Finland
E-mail: [email protected]
Data protection officer: Rasmus Kanervisto
Name of the register: WebXplore customer register
2. Data subjects
Persons included in the register are customers and potential customers of WebXplore services.
3. Purpose of use of personal data
Personal data is being processed based on consent.
Personal data is only being processed for predetermined purposes, which are:
- Customer relationship management (e.g Messages sent via web forms, e-mail, telephone, via social media services, contrats, customer meeting and other situations in which the customer discloses their information.)
- Informing about services
4. Personal data recorded in the register
We do gather and process personal information belonging to registered users and when submitting forms on the Site for the purposes outlined below:
Platform Providers: to allow providers to have their company as well as product and services details available on our site, we gather the following:
- Company website
- Company name
- Company professional email
- Company service description
Customers and advertisers: We gather the personal details of the registered users who completed the forms required if a user wants to fill out a lead form or fill out a Contact Us form, or subscribe to a newsletter, including:
- Email address
- Phone number
This information is only passed on to Software Providers if a user has explicitly agreed for us to do so, specifically when they complete a lead form.
WebXplore will also process other technical data connected with your use of the Site. The applications using this kind of technical data and how the data is being used are being listed in our Cookies and Browsing Data Policy.
5. The data subject’s rights
The data subject has the following rights, and requests for their use should be sent to [email protected]
Right to access data
The data subject may check the data we have recorded.
Right to rectification
The data subject may request the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
Right to object
The data subject may object to the processing of personal data if the data subject feels that personal data has been processed unlawfully.
Right to forbid direct marketing
The data subject has the right to forbid the use of personal data for direct marketing.
Right to deletion
The data subject has the right to request the deletion of data if personal data processing is not necessary. We will handle the request for deletion and proceed to either delete the data or state a justified reason for not being able to delete the data.
It should be noted that the controller may have legal or other rights to not delete the requested data. The controller is obligated to preserve accounting materials for the duration (10 years) set out in the Accounting Act (Chapter 2, Section 10). For this reason, materials related to accounting cannot be deleted before that term has expired.
If the processing of personal data is only based on the data subject’s consent and not for instance on a customer relationship or membership, the data subject may withdraw consent.
The data subject may complain of the decision to the Data Protection Supervisor
The data subject has the right to demand us to restrict the processing of controversial data until the matter is solved.
Right to complain
The data subject has the right to complain to the Data Protection Supervisor if the data subject feels that we are violating the effective data protection regulation when processing personal data.
Contact information of the data protection supervisor: https://tietosuoja.fi/en/contact-information
6. Data Gathering Sources
Customer information is regularly obtained from:
- From the customer as the customer relationship is born
- From the customer through an online form
- From web analytics based on cookies
7. Data Sharing
We may sell or rent registry data to third parties. We share data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- We may transfer participant/user data to third parties if the participant/user has granted their consent.
- We may share data for use in statistical, academic, or historical research under the condition that the data is converted to a format where data subjects cannot be recognized based on the data.
- In case we undergo a merger or otherwise reorganize our operations, users personal data may be shared within the new organization.
- We may transfer user data collected with applications using cookie and browser data to third parties.
We have made sure that all our services provided are complying with data protection legislation. We are regularly using the following service providers:
- Cookies and browsing data providers
8. Duration of processing
Personal data is usually processed for as long as the customer relationship exists.
For potential customers the data subject may unsubscribe from our marketing list by clicking the link on each of our marketing e-mails.
9. Personal data processors
- The controller and its employees process personal data.
- We may also outsource the processing of personal data partly to a third party, in which case we will guarantee with contractual arrangements that personal data is processed in compliance with valid data protection legislation and also otherwise appropriately.
10. Transferring data outside the EU
Personal data is not transferred outside the EU or the EEA.
11. Automatic decision-making and profiling
We are not using the data for automatic decision-making.
The data will be used to do automatic profiling about customers and potential customers. The goal of automatic profiling is to identify different user types of WebXplore in order to develop customer experience and service.
Cookies and Browsing Data
We may collect data on the user’s device through cookies and other similar methods, such as the web browser’s local storage. Cookies are small text files that the web browser stores on the user’s device. Cookies often contain an anonymous, individual identifier, which can be used to identify and count the browsers visiting our website.
Third parties may place cookies on the user’s device to create visitor statistics when the user is visiting our services. The term “third parties” refers to parties other than WebXplore Oy, such as statistical and tracking service providers.
Listed below are some cookie based services that we use on our website:
- Google Adsense
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
- Google Tag Manager
GDPR COMPLIANCE FOR YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
All users who reside, either temporarily or permanently, on the territory of Europe, are entitled to rights and protections guaranteed to them by the EU General Data Protection Regulation. These include:
- The right to access, restrict or delete your private data. If you’d like to modify or withdraw your consent to how we process your personal data you can do that at any time by contacting us to [email protected]
- The right to opt-out of direct marketing services. You can withdraw your consent to receive marketing materials from our platform or from third-party vendors we cooperate with by following the unsubscribe instructions in our email, or by contacting us directly ([email protected]).
- The right not to be subjected to any automated decisions. Our platform does not make any automated decisions that would have any negative effect on your experience with using our service. Automated technologies such as cookies are only used to recommend products in a more personalized manner. your experience and We do not make automated decisions using your personal data that may negatively impact you.
- The right to file a complaint with a supervisory agency. If you believe that the way we process your private data infringes on the rights guaranteed to you by the General Data Protection Regulation, you are entitled to file a complaint with a supervisory agency relevant to your place of residence. You can find contact details for the relevant EU data protection agencies here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm